All information and documentation obtained in this section is maintained in the employee personnel file upon hire, unless otherwise noted.
- Application Process – a formal process, including written application, telephone discussions, and staff discussions must occur for each applicant.
- Interview Process – a minimum of two (2) in-person interviews are required for each applicant.
- A minimum of two (2) work related references, either written or verbal, are required verifying prior direct client care.
- WTN conducts a check of the Illinois Statewide Sex Offender Database, Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC) Sex Registrant, and US Department of Justice Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW)
- WTN conducts a check of the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Health Care Worker Registry for administrative findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriations of property.
- WTN conducts an initial criminal history background check utilizing Illinois State Police Uniform Conviction Information Act (UCIA) records. Criminal history background checks are updated periodically for all caregivers.
- WTN conducts a thorough background screening in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. This includes an initial Motor Vehicle Record Check (MVR), social security number confirmation, and a current and historical felony conviction records check. Thereafter, MVR checks are completed as needed.
- WTN ensures that all prospective caregivers:c. Have a visa or proof of citizenship in compliance with the Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service requirements for employment.
- When applicable, WTN acquires documentation and verification of current certification, registration or license information.
- WTN employees are screened for communicable diseases. A physician’s statement stating that the employee is free from communicable disease is required if a problem is suspected.
- In accordance with CDC federal guidelines, a Hepatitis B Vaccine Policy is in place.
- WTN employees are provided with a comprehensive job description outlining duties and limitations.
a. Do not have a disqualifying background check under the requirements of the Health Care Worker Background Check Act without a waiver.
b. Have a copy of their Social Security Card.